Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coverage of the Baltimore Symphony Showhouse

Paint Coverage,  that is! It's been an exciting week at the Baltimore Symphony Showhouse!
 Fitzsimmons Design is the only design firm representing Annapolis, Md. in the Baltimore Showhouse. We are honored to participate and have been assigned the Living Room.
We are slowly but surely making progress. We have gotten the room painted in Benjamin Moore, Historic Color, Mystic Gold, Thanks to my trusty painter Wayne and his crew. "It's like wrapping yourself in caramel!" said Corey Hamby when she saw the photo.    
  The floors have  been done also, but, as you can see in the photo, they are under wraps. I took a peek and the Ritz Carlton finished the hardwood floors in a Brazilian Cherry. Thank goodness that we did not have to pay to do the floors! In a showhouse situation the designer is responsible for paying for all of the designwork to the room.

Our Living Room Area adjoins the Dining Area. Jim from Elegant Decor has wallpapered the walls in a bamboo pattern. Jim and I were showhouse neighbors at Arden House. We had a phone conversation about the bump out columns between the two rooms. We agreed that instead of just wallpapering the columns that he could use the same trim molding on the columns and insert the paper inside the panel and I would have my painter paint the color of my walls around the panels to help the flow between the two areas. When I arrived to check my paint job, I was very surprised  that the columns had not been painted in the Mystic Gold . I called  later that day to find out that they had indeed been painted . It's a mystery, they are white now. I have a load of last minute details to attend to and just do not have time to worry myself about this. If you ask ten different Designers how they would treat it, you would probably get ten different solutions!
In the hub bub of everything else that is going on I went to Market in North Carolina last week. We were there 5 days and really enjoyed ourselves. The state of North Carolina has the best people! After you have been there for 5 days you definitely come home with a little twang in your accent. This market the manufacturer's had all sorts of new product. Six months ago they were relying on their existing inventory and showing previously introduced merchandise because of the economy. I found all sorts of goodies this time that I purchased for our retail store in Annapolis, Details of Design. I also took my clients fabric swatches with me so I would have good accessories in stock in the store when it comes time to put the finishing touches on the load of installs that I have coming up in the next month. Take a look at my new best friend at market below! He is a Big Boy. I know one of my clients will want to adopt him! He doesn't eat much and you don't have to walk him!

No comments:

Post a Comment